Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Vitiligo Update

Ok, so I started my Extrac Laser treatments last Wednesday and just wanted to give everyone a little update. The doctor said they would like to do at least 30 treatments. Repigmentation should be seen by about 12-15 treatments. I go for my 4th treatment today. Each treatment last about 3 minutes. I go on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week during my lunch hour. I still do not know if insurance will pay for it, but the Doctor said it is usually not a problem. The laser is like a EXTRA strong tanning bed light, or at least that is what it feels like. Each place that the laser treats turns red and feels like a sunburn. It is not painful at all. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is going to work.

Anyways, on another note, My mom and her sisters leave for the beach on Saturday for a "cousin reunion". I really wish I was able to go but they said "no children allowed". Oh well, I will just hold out for our beach trip at the end of the month. Jarrod and I will be going to Georgia on Friday afternoon to see his family. I am hoping that we get to take Barrett to the Georgia Aquarium on Saturday. I know he still a little young, but it beats sitting around and doing nothing! As everyone knows, I cannot stand to sit in a house. I like to be on the go all the time. Well, I hope everyone has a good rest of the week. I will keep you updated on my progress with vitiligo.

No comments:

Post a Comment